All widths stated relate to the size of The Gate Workshop wooden gates you wish to order.
Hanging with Posts
1) We do not particularly recommend hanging wooden gates directly from brickwork or walls and that you use wooden posts.
2) For a pair of wooden gates allow 1/4 - 1/2 inch gap where the two will join in the centre and a similar amount each side to accommodate the hinges near the posts.
3) If ordering a gate to be hung from the right or the left, make your selection viewed from the roadside or front of your premises.
4) All of our wooden gates are supplied as actual sizes not including the 2" (5cm) ground clearance under the gate. i.e. a 6'' gate, when hung will measure 6'' 2'''' from the ground.
5) All wooden gates are made in Scandinavian Redwood and need treating with a high quality preservative prior to hanging. All quoted weights are approximate and relate to the largest gate of a specific range.
Please note that without prior warning we reserve the right to change, improve or modify the products within our range. If these changes are significant we will always advise you of them prior to dispatching your order to you.